If there is one thing Hillarosa is well known for it’s the nasty mudholes. This is where you find one of the biggest, baddest, nastiest mud holes in all of Arkansas, AND this is where you find the Endurance Challenge during The High Lifter Mud Nationals.
This competition consists of a two-man (or woman) teams willing to try their skills in one of the toughest mud-holes in the park. We don’t call this the Endurance Challenge for nothing.
Teams will start and make their way around the pit and back. Teams will be timed and the winner is determined by “speed” (some past winners have been known to average up to almost 10 MPH!!!). Teams may choose to use one or two ATVs/UTVs for the competition…but at least one ATV/UTV and both teammates must cross the finish line to score. Push, Pull, or Drag…anything goes. If the team in front of you abandons a quad…it is considered an obstacle…go around it! If it’s stuck…winch from it!!!
You never know how it will turn out or who will win!
Sign up at the High Lifter Information/Registration tent before Thursday, March 31st at 11:30 am. Entry fee is $20 per person and are non-refundable.
• The Endurance Challenge is a TWO-PERSON Endurance race through some of the nastiest natural mud Arkansas has to offer.
• Two team members will leave the starting line at the same time on EITHER two ATVs/UTVs or one. If the team chooses to use two ATVs/UTVs and one machine becomes stuck, the team may elect to regain forward progress of the “stuck” machine by using the second machine and/or both team members to push, pull, winch, or other process or desert the stuck machine and continue the race on one ATV/UTV.
• Teams will leave the starting line at APPROXIMATELY 2-minute intervals. Start times will be documented and compared to finish times to determine the winner.
• Two Team Members must finish the race. Finishing teams may complete the race on either ONE or TWO machines. Fastest time wins. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will be awarded prize money for each team.
• Leaving the designated trail will result in disqualification of the racer.
• DOT approved helmets, gloves, boots over the ankle, long sleeves and long pants are required for any competition.
Leaving the designated trail will result in disqualification of the racer.